After a fight I won with Pocketables and lost with theITbaby time and again we’ve finally moved off of the virtual server we’ve been on since the way back times.
In theory this means that I can update the site once again without feeling like I’m slogging through molasses.
I never did figure out why the Bitnami VM install I had took 12 processors and 8 gigabytes of ram and couldn’t respond in under two seconds, but no matter what resources I threw at it it got slower and slower and absolutely refused to do HTTPS.
Also getting support on a setup from 2012 was a bit of a pain so it was time.
This was after many failed attempts using UPDraftPlus and a couple of other plugins I’ve forgotten. Pretty sure the old Bitnami install required significant re-writing of rules.
Ah well, assuming this posts the site’s working again. Finally. Tests I’ve done so far indicate it’s about 16 times faster, so good times. I really did enjoy that Bitnami VMWare install, but time to move on.
Got a few reviews to do, hopefully going to stop losing SEO due to not having HTTPS now, yeah… baby stuff